Share | 

court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TD-Shogun

DN Username: TD-Shogun
NDA Points: 12561

PostSubject: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:41 pm

its time to go to court my friends to discuss which cards will be sentenced to the ban slammer and which cards will be sentenced to restriction but because i want this to go smoothly i TD-shogun would like to set up some ground rules

1. no spamming(obvious rule to be honest)

2. be respectful of other people's opinions

3 when you make a banlist prediction be sure to back it up with why it should be banned ssimply because to me say stuff like "its too broken" or "its too powerful to be in a format" sounds kinda vague but then again it could be my personal opinion  

4. don't forget to have fun with this or else it would probably be boring

and that's all of the ground rules for this topic i hope some of your predictions will come true and i will look forward to seeing what you will contribute

dismissed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
B@TMAN

DN Username: tobi boy
NDA Points: 12323

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 am

e drags are getting hit somewhere but hey konami might be on drugs so who knows

Valku God of War

DN Username: Dark Magician Soul
NDA Points: 13055

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:37 am

I think everyone here knows something has to be hit for E Dragons and Evilswarms may need to be hit a bit however,if these get hit I think we deserve to see something with prophecy and merlantian get hit though they dont need it as much. As for cards to come back bring back Sangan that card didnt ever deserve the ban in the first place and with the decks we having top these days Sangan can really do little to no harm except bring back something like Dino Rabbit. I think konami knowing how they have been working for awhile now will probably hit maybe 75% or less of what Ive said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
B@TMAN

DN Username: tobi boy
NDA Points: 12323

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:17 am

Valku wrote:
I think everyone here knows something has to be hit for E Dragons and Evilswarms may need to be hit a bit however,if these get hit I think we deserve to see something with prophecy and merlantian get hit though they dont need it as much. As for cards to come back bring back Sangan that card didnt ever deserve the ban in the first place and with the decks we having top these days Sangan can really do little to no harm except bring back something like Dino Rabbit. I think konami knowing how they have been working for awhile now will probably hit maybe 75% or less of what Ive said.

they should jsut bring back bulb, sangan, and maybe magician of black chaos and i will be set. many chaos sorcerer to 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valku God of War

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:40 pm

B@TMAN wrote:
Valku wrote:

they should jsut bring back bulb, sangan, and maybe magician of black chaos and i will be set. many chaos sorcerer to 2

Now as much as I would LOVE them bringing back Dark Magician of Chaos that will almost never happen because of Spellbooks. Sagan well I've already gave valid reason to him coming back and really he never deserved to go in the first place. Bulb would be okay except it is possible for him to be abused in many synchro decks but we will have to wait till september to see what happenes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TD-Shogun

DN Username: TD-Shogun
NDA Points: 12561

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:14 pm

grow-up bulb will never come back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gleb1503

DN Username: gleb1503
NDA Points: 12915

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:58 am

Well in my oppinion Konami should ban Rejuvenation also limite(to 1) Spellbook of Judgment Day and Evilswarm Ohpion(becouse of the new starter deck that will be release in September and to give opportunity to some old decks to come back and being playable).I would like to see Big Dragons limited (to 1) to stop spaming all other decks and bring back some skill to this game ,also becouse of the new number that will appear in Number Hunters: "Number 74 Master of Blades" that is really broken and will give extra support to the deck,but I guess that that won`t happen.We also don`t need to forget about new archytipes that will appear like "bujin" and "mesmerzi" and other broken ones that will appear.Anyways I hope that Konami will open his eyes and will bring some skill back to the game.
Just my oppinion.

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:58 am

gleb1503 wrote:
Well in my oppinion Konami should ban Rejuvenation also limite(to 1) Spellbook of Judgment Day and Evilswarm Ohpion(becouse of the new starter deck that will be release in September and to give opportunity to some old decks to come back and being playable).I would like to see Big Dragons limited (to 1) to stop spaming all other decks and bring back some skill to this game ,also becouse of the new number that will appear in Number Hunters: "Number 74 Master of Blades" that is really broken and will give extra support to the deck,but I guess that that won`t happen.We also don`t need to forget about new archytipes that will appear like "bujin" and "mesmerzi" and other broken ones that will appear.Anyways I hope that Konami will open his eyes and will bring some skill back to the game.
Just my oppinion.

Seeing as what is being released later this year we know of the issues that stand are the now 3 top decks, Evilswarm, Prophecy and most deadly of all Dragon Rulers, Even if rejuvenation is put at one and some of the larger dragons limited the issue with them isnt actually the Dragons themselves but the XYZ they can go into which include Number 11 and Dracosack and soon to be number 74 as it was not a card allowed in the qualifiers, So really the cards that need to be hit are the rank 7 XYZ's as 1 Ophian can not stop the Rank 7's however this does not excuse the power of the larger Dragons which need to be taken down a notch even still to where either the Searchers of the deck (The Baby Dragons) Need to be hit or the Larger Dragons need to be hit down all to 1 now most people say doing this would kill the deck, no it would not Say the rank 7 xyz got hit down to 1 or 2 and 1 of the 2 dragon groups got limited, the deck would still be able to Summon its rank 7's which are what they are known to do meaning the powerhouse of the deck is not dead. If the Dragons are hit as I just described I can see Rejuvenation only needing to got to 2. As for Judgement Day this card doesnt have anything that can really take the hit for it, maybe we can see High Priestess get hit and we can see it be a bit less of a problem but this really wouldent do much so there is really no excuse Rejuvenation needs to be hit down to 1 there is no excuse when it comes to that. As for Limiting Ophian I think that is a bit much and would more than likely Kill the deck and I dont think that what Konami has it mind however they did it to Wind-Ups so I could be wrong but I think Ophian at 2 would limit the decks power and Make it a bit more fair that and the idea of perhaps hitting some of the Infestation cards would help take it down a notch or 2 as well.

Now I will bring up some other cards some players really probably arent thinking of seeing as we are just seeing this as more or less a discussion on the meta and how broken and little skill it takes. Most people are forgetting some of the more probable hits that could take place such as cards like Breakthrough Skill, or Cards that have been sitting on the limited section of list for a long time cards like Monster Reborn, Heavy Storm and Dark Hole, these 3 common staples have been under the target list of many ban lists to this day because of the way each of these cards can completely change the direction of a game. All and all I think the best bets of what will be hit will come around the month before september and the weeks before the ban lists announcement.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlexKD6

DN Username: AlexKD6
NDA Points: 12140

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:15 pm

I think Safe Zone will get hit. There are only a few cards that are at least somewhat used in the meta that can get past Key Beetle + Safe zone. Book of Eclipse, Ouroboros, Pleiades, Skill Drain, and Royal Decree. Safe Zone is also used in other decks besides Evilswarms as MSTs aren't very common in the main deck anymore, making it a super Forbidden Dress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stonemistress

DN Username: stonemistress
NDA Points: 12306

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:58 pm

i think kuriboh is going to be banned its really overpowered o,o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eco_Junkie

DN Username: Deathscythe
NDA Points: 12694

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:39 pm

red gadget deffo gonna get hit....that card is too stronk, no other gadget can match its def and its a solid 1300 beater
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valku God of War

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Im with AlexKD6 Safe Zone is definitely something on the more realistic hit list here. Safe Zone is really an overpowered card when used right but it does have draw backs so I would expect it to be semi-limited at the most.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirasi

DN Username: Mirasi
NDA Points: 12839

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Super Rejuv. to 1. Big Eye to 1. Dracossack to 2. baby dragons to 2. Spellbook of judgement to 1.

The more you get to know someone, the more mysterious they become...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valku God of War

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Big Dragons to 1 or 2 and baby dragons at 2 with rejuive somewhere in in 1 or 2 makes more sense to me Big Eye can be at 2 thats fine Dracosack should be the one to go to 1 as for judgement I agree with that and maybe a pristiss to 2.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eco_Junkie

DN Username: Deathscythe
NDA Points: 12694

PostSubject: Re: court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion   Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:52 pm

i honestly counldnt care if judgement stayed at three i just want fate hit, thats the real problem card
Back to top Go down
View user profile

court in session the official september 2013 banlist discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Numeron Domino Academy :: -